Cream Cheese Cut-Out Cookies


I'm new to blogging; why not just dive in? I've enjoyed this new world very much - so many creative people out there! I'm going to whip out my camera and make this official! To start I've just posted a picture of myself; in the future I'll post pictures of the food ( a little more appropriate don't you think)?

I thought I would start out my new blog sharing with you a recipe for Cut -Out Cookies. I've used this one the past two times I've made cut-outs. This rolls out easily and I suggest packaging the raw dough down into smaller balls for the purpose of refrigeration ( a quicker more thorough chill)


Cream Cheese Cut-Out Cookies

1 C unsalted butter
1 (3oz pkg.cream cheese)
1 C sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 t vanilla
2 1/2 C flour

1. Cream unsalted butter (at room temp.) and cream cheese, then add the sugar, egg yolk and vanilla; flour last.
2. I like to chill dough in smaller sections for at least an hour.
3. Roll out chilled dough and cut in desired shapes with your favorite cook cutters. I keep returning the chilled dough to the refrigerator to keep it cold, it rolls out better.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; ice and decorate




My secret source for great cookie cutters is
http://www.foosecookiecutters.com/index.shtml

Comments

Popular Posts